- Burfoot, Amby. The Runner’s Guide to the Meaning of Life: What 35 Years of Running Have Taught Me About Winning, Losing, Happiness,
Humility, and the Human Heart. Daybreak Books, 2000.
- Perry, John and Buzz Willits. Running Around Portland. RAP Press, 1979.
- Fitzgerald, Matt. Brain Training for Runners. New American Library, 2007.
- Jordan, Tom. Pre: The Story of America’s Greatest Running Legend, Steve Prefontaine. Rodale, 1997.
- Karnazes, Dean. Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an Allnight Runner. Tarcher, 2006.
- McDougall, Christopher. Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World has Neven Seen. Vintage, 2011.
- Murakami, Haruki. What I Talk About When I Talk About Running. Vintage, 2009.
- Parker, John L. Once a Runner. Scribner, 1978.
- Parker, John L. Again to Carthage. Breakaway Books, 2008.
- Yasso, Bart. My Life on the Run: The Wit, Wisdom, and Insights of a Road Racing Icon. Rodale, 2008.
rvn_arcadia_theme rvn_arcadia_theme_tv_1_0 rvn_arcadia_theme_fwv_2_1